Did you know that water heating is the second largest energy expense in the average household? It’s true! Every time you take a shower, do the dishes, or do a load of laundry, you’re also racking up a pretty penny on your electricity bill. But don’t let that dampen your spirits (or your showers), because there are plenty of ways to keep the cost of hot water down without sacrificing your comfort.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to save money on your water heater bill without sacrificing hot water, so you can keep your head above water. (P.S. the answer will shock you!)
Understanding Your Water Heater: Why it’s impossible to use less electricity
This is because all electric water heaters work the same way: they create heat from an electrical resistance element, then use that heat to warm up the stored water in a tank. That’s a fact. So as long as you’re using an electric water heater, the only way to reduce electricity usage is by reducing the amount of hot water you use.
That said, there are plenty of ways that you can reduce your water heater’s energy consumption without sacrificing comfort. Here are a few simple steps that you can take:
1. Install Insulation on Pipe Work on Water Heater Tank: This will help reduce the amount of energy that is lost to the surrounding environment.
2. Upgrade Your Water Heater: Older models of water heaters tend to be much less efficient than newer models, so investing in an upgrade can mean big savings on your electric bill.
3. Use Low-Flow Shower Heads and Faucet: Low-flow shower heads and faucets use much less water than traditional models, so you’re able to get the same comfort without using as much hot water.
4. Install a Timer on Your Water Heater: This will ensure that your water heater only runs when necessary and help reduce energy waste.
5. Check For Leaks: Leaking hot water can really add up on your electric bill, so it’s important to check for and repair any leaks.
By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to save money on your water heater bill without sacrificing hot water. But at the end of the day, you are still a slave to electricity. The question is: how can you use less electricity and still get the hot water you need?
The answer is simple: by using alternative energy sources.
Using Alternative Energy Sources to Heat Your Water: Solar Water Heater
The shift in recent years to renewable energy sources has opened up a whole new world of possibilities for water heating. Solar water heaters are one of the most efficient ways to reduce your electric bill by utilising a renewable energy source like sunlight.
Investing in a solar water heater can provide you with all the hot water you need without wasting electricity or money.
Solar water heaters work by using solar thermal collectors to absorb sunlight and convert it into usable thermal energy, which is then used to heat water in a storage tank. This method of heating water is incredibly efficient and can significantly reduce your home’s electricity usage as well as your overall energy costs.
What is a solar water heater?
Get your hot water with no electricity bills- that’s the promise of solar water heaters! This clever device uses the sun’s energy to heat up your home’s water supply with free, natural energy – so you can save money and enjoy an unlimited supply of hot water any time of day.
The game changing hot water solution is made up of three main components: solar collectors and a storage tank.. Solar collectors are placed on your roof where they absorb sunlight and convert it into thermal energy.
This heat is then transferred to the hot water storage tank. The hot water stored in the tank is then circulated to your taps when you need it.
Solar water heaters provide a number of advantages over traditional electric hot water systems, such as:
- Save money on energy bills – Solar energy is free and renewable, so you don’t have to worry about rising energy prices or frequent rate hikes.
- Highly cost-effective – Solar water heaters require a large initial investment, but will pay for itself quickly over time with lower energy bills.
- Lower carbon footprint – Solar water heaters reduce your home’s carbon footprint by eliminating the need to rely on non-renewable electricity sources.
The matrix of hot water solutions has changed dramatically in recent years, and with it, so have the possibilities for saving on energy costs. Investing in a solar water heater can provide you with all the hot water you need without wasting electricity or money.
So, if you’re looking to reduce your energy bills while still enjoying hot showers and baths, solar water heaters are the way to go. Start your consultation today and find the perfect solar water heater for your home!