FIVE REASONS TO GET YOUR SOLAR HOT WATER SYSTEM SERVICED EVERY FIVE YEARS
Your solar hot water system should provide you with strong, hot water for many, many years. Like everything else around your home however, your solar hot water service needs to be regularly maintained in order to keep it running at peak efficiency. SolaPlumb recommends servicing and maintaining your system in accordance with Australian standards – namely, every five years.
If you have never considered having your solar hot water system serviced, these are the top reasons why we would recommend it:
- It’s due for a service: Just as you need to get your car serviced regularly to keep it running smoothly, you also need to service your solar hot water system to keep it running smoothly. Natural wear and tear can reduce the performance and energy efficiency of your hot water system. Accordingly, manufacturers recommend that routine maintenance is performed every five years.
- Perishable items are due for replacement:
- The sacrificial anode: as the name suggests, the anode sacrifices itself to protect the internals of your water tank from natural corrosive properties. If it is depleted your tank can be left vulnerable. Manufacturers recommend that for our local water quality the anode should be replaced every five years.
- HT-55 temperature and pressure safety relief valve: this is the valve responsible for keeping your system operating at a safe pressure. The manufacturer recommends replacing it at five yearly intervals.
- The element gasket: heat and pressure can cause the rubber gasket to deteriorate, which can cause leaks from the element section.
- Spot problems before they become big issues: Protect your house from damage caused by leaks or water ingress … Have one of our authorised technicians cast their experienced eyes over it.
- Protect your investment: Regular servicing will increase the longevity of your system, and maintain the performance you expect from your solar hot water system.
- You will maximise your savings: If your solar hot water system is not running at its peak efficiency, you won’t be reaping peak savings
No matter what make or model of solar hot water system you have, our experienced plumbers are always looking for ways to improve performance and energy efficiency of hot water systems for our customers. Contact us to book this important service today!