SolaPlumb has been specialising in the sale, installation, maintenance and repair of solar hot water systems on the Queensland Gold Coast, NSW Northern Rivers, and surrounding areas for more than 20 years.
Our friendly, professional team will answer all your questions in detail and ensure you understand the installation process, how to operate your hot water service, and any ongoing maintenance requirements in relation to your hot water system.
Step 1 – Site inspection and choosing your system
What size of system do you need?
This depends on the number of people in your household, the amount of water used daily and the time of day that you use hot water. Other criteria such as the orientation of your house, shadows, overhanging trees, accessibility and aesthetics also play a part. Price, quality and warranty are, of course, also important considerations.
What type of solar hot water system is best for your household?
SolaPlumb offer two main types: “all on roof” and “split system”.
- All on roof systems use a Thermosiphon principle, which means that the water in the solar panel collectors heats as it is warmed by the sun, rises up to the tank and displaces the cooler water. The cooler water flows to the bottom of the collector where the process is repeated.
- Split systems, as the name suggests, means that the hot water tank is located on the ground outside or inside your home, reducing the visual impact on your roof. Cooler water is extracted from the bottom of the tank and pumped up to the collectors on the roof where it is heated by the sun and returned to the tank in a continuous cycle.
SolaPlumb will inspect your site, assess your home and work with you to determine your unique needs based on the above criteria and your own personal preferences. We will provide you with a free, no obligation quote on the correct size unit for your household needs and help you chose your perfect solar hot water solution.
Our solar hot water systems enjoy an enviable reputation for reliability, excellent performance and strong warranties.
The team at SolaPlumb will find you the most cost-effective and energy-efficient solution, at extremely competitive rates. We accept payment methods including cash, cheque, credit card*, electronic funds transfer and can also arrange finance*.
Step 2 – Product installation
- After you accept the quote and pay a 10% deposit, we will contact you to arrange a convenient time for installation.
- SolaPlumb has a crane truck to streamline the installation process. All work complies with Australian and local standards.
- Our team will ensure you understand fully how your system will be installed, and how to use it to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Our installation technicians are friendly and efficient and aim to minimise disruption to your daily routine. We will always leave your home clean and tidy, removing all rubbish from site.
Step 3 – Maintenance and ongoing support
- Although the operation of your new solar hot water system will be simple and fuss-free, SolaPlumb does recommend regular maintenance of your system to ensure it is always operating to peak efficiency – saving the environment and saving you money.
- SolaPlumb will be there to give you ongoing support when you need us. Call our friendly team to schedule a regular (5 year) service, or raise any queries you may have.
* Terms and conditions apply